5K Walk – 5K Run – 10K Run – Kids Fun Run
Saturday, September 30th, 2017
Race Day – Schedule of Events
– Summers Best 2 Weeks Opens at 8:00 am
– Pre-Race Stretching and Yoga Begins at 8:45 am
– Lollipop Kids Fun Run Begins at 9:15 am
– 10K Run Begins at 9:45 am
– 5K Run and 5K Walk Begins at 10:00 am
Summer’s Best 2 Weeks at the Quemahoning Dam is located just minutes off of Route 219 between Johnstown and Somerset.
If using a GPS, please use the following address:
250 Summer’s Best Lane
Hollsopple, PA 15935
If your GPS does not recognize this address, please use the following coordinates:
5K Race Course
Recognized for a mostly downhill point to point race course, cool weather, and beautiful scenery, the Conemaugh Que Classic redefines what a 5K & 10K should be. At the conclusion of the race, you’ll enjoy a short shuttle trip back to Summers Best 2 Weeks for awesome post-race refreshments.
– Dri-Blend Long Sleeve Shirt
– New for 2017 Pre-Race stretching and yoga (presented by just breathe mindful movement studio)
– Electronic Chip Timing
– New for 2017 Results from the event will be texted to your phone
– Starting Corrals
– Pre-Race Refreshments (Coffee, Water, Granola Bars)
– Post-Race Refreshments (Conzatti’s Sub, Pie Shoppe Cinnamon Roll, Chips/Pretzels, Fruit)
– Assortment of warm and cold beverages (coffee, hot chocolate, water, ice tea, chocolate milk)
– Bag Storage (keep you valuables safe while you participate)
Beat The Bus 10K Challenge
This is no ordinary 10K as participants will need to reach a check point station within a certain time in order to continue and finish the race. Please visit our 10K Beat The Bus Challenge page for more information on our exciting but very challenging 10K run only race.
New for 2017 Form a team of at least 5 and compete against others on race day for prizes. Please visit our Team Competition page for more information and to learn how you can start or join a team.
Kids Lollipop Fun Run
Our Kids Fun Run is a noncompetitive event so no timing will occur. Age groups are broken down into the following 3 categories; 4 & 5 year olds, 6 & 7 year olds, 8 & 9 year olds. 4 & 5 year olds will complete 1 lap around the upper athletic field. 6 & 7 year olds will complete 2 laps around the upper athletic field. 8 & 9 year olds will complete 3 laps around the upper athletic field. All participants will receive a finishers medal, t-shirt, goodie bag, lollipop, and post-race refreshments.
Kids Race Day Activities
– Bouncy Houses
– Pumpkin Decorating
– Lollipop Fun Run
Community Packet Pickup
We offer several opportunities for you to pickup your race packet before race day. If for any reason you cannot personally claim your bag, you may have a friend pick up you bag on your behalf.
– Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church (across from the Hometown Bar & Grill on Scalp Avenue in Richland): Thursday, September 28th from 4pm to 6:30pm
– SB2W at the Quemahoning Dam: Friday, September 29th from 3pm to 6pm
– SB2W at the Quemahoning Dam: Saturday, September 30th from 8am to 9:45am
CHS Employee Packet Pickup
Employees of the Conemaugh Health System can pickup their race packets at the following locations:
– Main Campus Atrium: Thursday, September 28th from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
– Westwood Campus: Thursday, September 28th from 8:00 am to 11:30 am
Running is not permitted by those who register as a Walker. If you think you may jog, even for just a few steps, you must sign up as a Runner. If a race official notices a Walker that is running along any part of the race course, they will not receive an official finishing time.
Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course.